All Claims Field (ACLM)
The patent claims can be searched using the ACLM field code. This field code searches both independent and dependent claims.
The examples below can be used in conjunction with any number of other field codes to construct complex queries.
- ACLM:wireless --> Finds instances of documents with "wireless" in the claims.
- ACLM:"coffee maker" --> Finds the string "coffee maker" in the claims, exactly as typed.
- ACLM:(endoscope camera) --> Finds documents with both the term "endoscope" and the term "camera" in the claims. If no Boolean operator is used (as is the case here), AcclaimIP assumes a Boolean AND.
- ACLM:(peanut OR butter) --> Finds documents with either term in the claims. Documents with both terms are also returned.
- ACLM:("peanut butter" NOT jelly) --> Finds documents with the string "peanut butter" but NOT the term "jelly" in the claims.
- ACLM:("peanut butter"~3) --> Finds documents where the term "peanut" is within three terms of "butter" in the claims.
How NOT to search ACLM Field
ACLM:surgical clip --> Finds documents with "surgical" in the claims and "clip" in the Default Field set. You have to use quotes or parentheses to find both terms in the claims field. Otherwise, AcclaimIP assumes you want to search the Default Field set for the terms not immediately following the colon ( : ).